Let’s play internet memes June 22, 2007
Posted by Johan in Links, Off Topic.
Orli at Neurontic tagged me with one of those irritating, yet strangely appealing memes. I’m doing this one out of nostalgia – I spent much of my teenage years filling out inane questionnaires (e.g., do you eat the stems of broccoli?), and this is really more of the same. At least Orli doesn’t threaten 7 years of bad luck if I don’t pass it on…
Superfluous Information About the Author:
1) I do in fact eat the stems. Who doesn’t?
2) There is a defunct 16-channel mixing board in my closet. This is a remnant from a past life, in which I thought I’d be a rock star.
3) I honestly believe that orange marmalade and cheese is the perfect sandwich combination.
4) As a child, my dream job was to be a parking attendant. To this day, my family mocks me about this.
5) I once had a job that involved literally standing by the side of the road, counting the cars that went by. Incidentally, this was shortly before I decided that University would be a good idea after all.
6) My biggest concern at the moment is the health of my succulents. Arty picture below:
I have patiently cared for them since they were just a few centimetres each. I’m soon leaving York for the summer, and they will have to survive for a few months with no attention. I know they’re meant to be desert plants, but I’m not entirely sure that they’ll make it.
7) Like many psychologists keen on neuroscience (I imagine), I have brief moments of despair where I wish I had done a degree in biology instead. Then I glance over to my partner’s textbooks (right now: “The Physiology of Flowering Plants”), and I’m reminded I made the right choice after all.
8) I love cooking. Currently, I’m trying to master the risotto.
Memoirs of a Postgrad
1. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been
My exams will be over on Wednesday. There might just be some serious blogging after that.